Animal Welfare Program
The UBC Animal Welfare Program is one of the largest and most respected programs in the world in the field of animal welfare science. Since its inception in 1997, the program’s research has led to improvements in the lives of animals in British Columbia and around the world. The mission of the program is to improve the welfare and humane care of animals in agriculture, research, companionship and other areas through active efforts in research, education and public outreach.
- Mariann Molnár has been awarded the Fellowship Award by Tiny Beam FundAWP Adjunct professor Mariann Molnár recently launched a new project funded by the Fellowship Award programme of the Tiny Beam Fund’s Burning Questions Initiative. Mariann Molnár, Animal Welfare Program Adjunct Professor, will be focussing on… Read more: Mariann Molnár has been awarded the Fellowship Award by Tiny Beam Fund
- Welcoming Visiting Scientist Tiago MoreiraDr. Tiago Moreira has joined the Animal Welfare Program for the past four months, from September to December, as a visiting scientist. Visiting scientists contribute to the exchange of ideas throughout the program, conducting their… Read more: Welcoming Visiting Scientist Tiago Moreira
- Meet the new (and familiar) faces of the AWP of Fall 2023!Maya Bodnar – Maya is a new MSc student focusing on laboratory mouse welfare who completed a BSc in Applied Animal Biology. After graduation, she continued her research with an NSERC Undergraduate Research Student Award before… Read more: Meet the new (and familiar) faces of the AWP of Fall 2023!
- Search for an Assistant Professor in Animal WelfareThe University of British Columbia’s (UBC) Faculty of Land and Food Systems (www.landfood.ubc.ca) invites applications for a full-time tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Animal Welfare, within the Applied Biology Program.… Read more: Search for an Assistant Professor in Animal Welfare
- The AWP Hosts Undergraduate Students from The Evergreen State CollegeThe Animal Welfare Program has held a fall tradition with The Evergreen State College, a public liberal arts college in Olympia, Washington, where undergraduate students taking their Anthrozoology course head up north for a hands-on… Read more: The AWP Hosts Undergraduate Students from The Evergreen State College