Animal Welfare Program
The UBC Animal Welfare Program is one of the largest and most respected programs in the world in the field of animal welfare science. Since its inception in 1997, the program’s research has led to improvements in the lives of animals in British Columbia and around the world. The mission of the program is to improve the welfare and humane care of animals in agriculture, research, companionship and other areas through active efforts in research, education and public outreach.
- Dr. Camila Cavalli joins the Human-Animal Interaction Lab!We would like to welcome Dr. Camila Cavalli as the newest Postdoctoral Researcher in the Animal Welfare Program! Camila recently earned her PhD in Psychology (2022) from the National University of Córdoba, Argentina and is working with Dr. Sasha Protopopova […]
- Two Graduate Positions Available: Welfare of Companion Dogs in Commercial Breeding Contexts; Behaviour and Welfare of RabbitsApplications are invited for two MSc or PhD positions in the Animal Welfare Program, Applied Animal Biology, Faculty of Land and Food Systems at the University of British Columbia. The starting time frame for these positions is January 2023; however, […]
- Undergraduate Researchers are Making an Impact in Animal Welfare!The Animal Welfare Program is thrilled to support undergraduate students in developing their research expertise through a number of programs. We would like to introduce you to a few of the students conducting research in the summer of 2022 that […]
- Meet Visiting International Research Student Alison SinnottThe UBC Animal Welfare Program hosts Visiting International Research Students through the VIRS program. This collaboration with researchers and students from across the globe fosters an environment of knowledge sharing which further promotes improving the welfare of animals across the world. Meet Alison, […]
- AWP Undergraduate Work Learn PositionsThe Animal Welfare Program has received funding through UBC’s Work Learn Program to hire current UBC undergraduate students in a number of different positions for September 2022 to April 2023! These are part time positions (maximum of 300 hours). To […]