Animal Welfare Program
The UBC Animal Welfare Program is one of the largest and most respected programs in the world in the field of animal welfare science. Since its inception in 1997, the program’s research has led to improvements in the lives of animals in British Columbia and around the world. The mission of the program is to improve the welfare and humane care of animals in agriculture, research, companionship and other areas through active efforts in research, education and public outreach.
- Undergraduate Researchers are Making an Impact in Animal Welfare!The Animal Welfare Program is thrilled to support undergraduate students in developing their research expertise through a number of programs. We would like to introduce you to a few of the students conducting research in the summer of 2022 that […]
- Meet Visiting International Research Student Alison SinnottThe UBC Animal Welfare Program hosts Visiting International Research Students through the VIRS program. This collaboration with researchers and students from across the globe fosters an environment of knowledge sharing which further promotes improving the welfare of animals across the world. Meet Alison, […]
- AWP Undergraduate Work Learn PositionsThe Animal Welfare Program has received funding through UBC’s Work Learn Program to hire current UBC undergraduate students in a number of different positions for September 2022 to April 2023! These are part time positions (maximum of 300 hours). To […]
- Meet Visiting International Research Student Malina SuchonThe UBC Animal Welfare Program hosts visiting international research students through the VIRS program. This collaboration with researchers and students from across the globe fosters an environment of knowledge sharing which further promotes improving the welfare of animals across the […]
- Making Science More Accessible: Three Graduate Students Share how they are Communicating ResearchPeer-reviewed literature has traditionally been seen as the gold-standard of research communications. While the academic journal is still an important way of sharing knowledge with other academics, the high cost of journal subscriptions and open-access publishing fees can make this […]